People give because it makes them feel good — but you need to ask them first!
We have a number of email templates in your Participant Centre to help you get started. Tell your family, friends, co-workers and anyone you come into contact with about this important fundraising event, and ask them to make a donation.
Need a little more help?
Here are a few tips to help you reach your fundraising goal:
- Start early: The sooner you start, the more you will fundraise.
- Customize your online fundraising page: Upload a captivating photo and share your story on why you are participating. What motivates you to participate will motivate others to donate! Feel free to select facts from our Your Impact page, too. An informed audience is more likely to support a cause if they understand what it is.
- Go corporate: Ask your employer for a company contribution, or request a corporate donation from another business you support. Check to see if they offer matching gifts, or if they’re interested in rallying staff in support of your cause.
- Make a donation to yourself: Your donors will see how committed you are once they see you too have made a donation.
- Do it on a dare (we dare you…): Suggest a manageable dare to an audience that will hold you accountable. Create a scenario that places you out of your comfort zone — and do it in heels! For example, wear heels to the office for one day if you reach a certain goal. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
- Bring on the bragging rights: Prompt a fun and friendly competition with a buddy, co-worker or larger group.
Advertise your fundraising campaign on your social media! Here are some sample posts to help you out. Just Copy and Paste, and you're on your way!
On average, Edmonton Police receive 24 domestic violence reports a day. Please support me as I step up (in heels!) against domestic violence at YWCA WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES® on September 20. Search for my fundraising page at www.walkamileedmonton.com to make a donation today.
I won’t stand for domestic violence, so I’m standing up (in heels!) to help families take steps toward healthy lives, free of abuse. Please support my fundraising campaign at www.walkamileedmonton.com. #WaMyeg #yeg #endDV [Download image]
Support me as I step up (in heels!) at YWCA WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES® on September 20 so families can walk away from domestic violence. Search for my fundraising page at www.walkamileedmonton.com. [Download image]